Tuesday, June 23, 2009

EBMWBR - DAY 1

We started our day bright and early here in Madrid, Spain. Nina´s flight came in right on schedule at 8:45am and we were able to hurry over to departures in the same terminal to see Pilar and her family head off to the States. Ashley and her husband (Pilar´s nephew) were so kind to get me last night at the train station, let me stay the night with them and take me to meet Nina and Pilar the next day. They have been in Spain as missionaries for the past year too! So, the EBMWBR group grew to four European Baptist Missionary Wives together in the same room... ehhmm airport for the span of about a half an hour.

ME, Ashley, Pilar, and Nina


Oh and later when Nina and I found this place we were very happy campers indeed.



Won´t someone please help this man?


He´s missing his body! What is up with this?
The caption even says something about making a path by walking????

oooo I know... I can help! I lift weights!


We walked all over down town Madrid. It was a relaxing, yet vigorous day. The purpose of this trip is just that, rest, relax, refresh and refuel. (hey, you can tell I am a pastor´s wife I can alliterate)
Nina has a great Photo Journey posted if you are curious. HERE
Big hugs to my men and thank you for making this little rest and relax possible for me.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day!!!! I do hope you guys are able to rest, relax, refresh and refuel. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and Pilar got to meet up. Do you get to see each other very often?

    Glad you found the Starbucks too as I know Pilar was looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starbucks would be the highlight for me! Well, next to meeting up w/ some friends!

    I'm glad you are getting refreshed!!!! We all need that once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Caminante no hay camino, se hace camino al andar" is a super known phrase in Spain from a writter (the one in the sculpture). Now, why only the head.... that bits me :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Ladies are Beautiful!!!

    Have a great time relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your pictures and your alliteration made me laugh! I hope you enjoy all your R's!

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that you met up with Pilar! And yes, that statue is odd :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that you all got to meet up!!!! And Starbucks!! MMMMmmm! I would be a happy camper indeed! : )

    Your box of goodies is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I love your alliteration. Three points, too. Got a poem???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dani Joy- Pilar? Ok I have gotten coments from her too and are you all related or just friends? How funny. I loved your caption game. I am going to do one soon cause it is so much fun!! Hope you are well.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear encouraging comments that uplift Christ and boost our daily walk with Him! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read everyone of them and try to always respond at your blog, too.