Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday News and Making Your Home Sing Monday

Making your home sing Mondays



Almost every Monday, I like to join Momstheword for her meme Making Your Home Sing Monday. I was going to post two posts. One about our Sunday News and one about our wonderfully singing home! But, on a day like this, I must merge two posts into one.

"How do those two go together?", you ask.


Well, it seems that our ministry runs into our home and our home runs into our ministry. Thus, When we have church, sometimes it´s mostly our family. Like this Sunday. We were the congregation in our evening service. We had a mini - singsperation and prayer time with my Pastor Hubby, my three boys and I. It´s hard though, after all this time, to think that we still must have services with only our family in attendance.
Please pray for some of our hurting brethern who have decided for whatever reason not to attend church. It not only affects them, but also other brothers and sisters who are looking up to them.


We must be alert and wise to the wiles of the devil. He has a firm hold on this land and doesn´t want to see a church established. We won´t be detered!
May we be found faithful!


This Sunday was also Mother´s day in Spain.
We wanted to do something special for the mother´s in our little mission who have been faithful and have become so special to us.
(I had to deliver almost all of these to their homes. For one reason or another, only one of them came to church this day.)


I have a hard time coming up with gift ideas
or even being a little crafty so when these gifts turned out, I was so happy. I found these cute mugs at a little over a $1 each and then bought some votive candles to place inside just to add a little more. (besides I love candles!)




A dear Englishman who attends our Sunday morning services brought these beautiful lilies. He grows them in his garden! I was so excited to have some flowers in church! What a nice touch they added!

Here is my crew! They were coerced into wearing matching shirts. They use to love dressing a like. Guess they are growing out of that. I better treasure this picture and the moment while I can.
This is why my home was singing this fine Sunday morning:
1. because, my boys will still put on the clothes I pick out for them,
2. because, they wanted to do it for me,
3. because, I found a whistling stuffed monkey and a crystal candle holder on my bed this morning from my crew,
4. and because, even after all my faults they still love me.

Happy Mother´s Day a week early!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day early to you too! I will definitely add my prayers to those of yours, my dear!

    On days like today, perhaps God is teaching faithfulness. Our job is to serve Him and minister to whomeever He brings through those doors....no matter how many or how few. And you know that, and so do I.

    I am going to add your link to the meme since I just got it up! Thank you for joining today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a handsome crew! And happy mothers day to you. The mugs you chose are so cute, I'm sure you made those moms smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Your boys look so handsome. I think the little gifts you gave were amazing, truly thoughtful. Happy MOther's Day to you. (I hope you feel better - I hope I didn't give you my cold! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Early Mother's Day! And what a wonderful and beautiful testimony you are sharing with your three boys! You are being so faithful for Jesus. I will be praying for your church in Spain--that the love of Jesus will cover you all and will draw many into his arms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day in Spain. :)

    I love those shirts...pThe boys look great! I hope that I wasn't hearing discourgement in your words. I know that your church will grow.

    Love the Lilys and those cups.

    Take care my friend. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such handsome boys!!

    Happy early Mother's Day to you too!!!

    I'll be praying, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post! Happy Mothers Day - and the mugs were SOOOO cute! And how lovely to have flowers, too. Isn't it wonderful when our home sings!!! You've got some beautiful reasons to sing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys are so handsome and according to Michael and Nina, inside too. I like following their blog as well as yours. Thank you for your comment on my blog. God bless you for your ministry as a missionary in Spain but also as a wonderful mom to 3 great boys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY (LATE FOR US) MOTHER´S DAY.
    i AM SO SORRY TO HEAR HOW THIS SITUATION WITH a AND jm IS AFFECTING THE REST OF THE CONGREGATION. i KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT AN EMPTY CHURCH. THINGS WITH m.l AND s ARE STILL COMPLICATED AND r AND n WENT OUT OF TOWN. sO IT WAS US AND LAUREN. STILL WE HAD A GREAT TIME JUST AS I KNOW YOU GUYS HAD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother's Day! Glad you had a good one.

    Sorry to hear about your evening service. I understand. We used to attend a church plant that was struggling and there were many Sundays where there was only us and the pastor's family. This can be very frustrating and discouraging. So I will definitely be praying for you my friend. Hang in there! The work you are doing is definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother's day! What handsome young men!

    I do pray that those walking in offense will be reached and that healing will take place.

    Many blessings!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your children are so cute and you are beautiful! I just said a prayer for your church and the hurting brethren. We can see that in all parts of the world. Remain faithful to what the LORD has called you and your husband to do. In time you will SEE the fruit of your labor for in God we NEVER labor in vain. Praise the Lord!

    The flowers are beautiful and I enjoyed all the photos.

    Stay encouraged dear one and know that your in my prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. O and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU TOO!!! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for stopping by today! You are such a blessing! I do like to fish...I can put the worm on the hook but not take the fish off the hook! that's kind of bad isn't?! hahaha...anyway, I am praying for your church. Can you believe that I have been in the same church all my life? Sometimes, it seems that it is hopeless being in the ministry, then the Lord sends a good family, or a new convert. Our family has seen up times and down times in the ministry...but you know I can not imagine a life without being in the ministry! I love it! My parents have taught us that it is a joy to serve the Lord no matter what happens! We have been in services where it was just us and one other lady...just keep on keeping on! we are praying for you and your family!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Mother's Day!
    What a sweet crew you have!
    The mugs were pretty.
    We can also relate with being the only ones in attendance. We have really realized that only the Lord can work in people's hearts to be faithful... and not faithful to us, but faithful to HIM. Praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear encouraging comments that uplift Christ and boost our daily walk with Him! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read everyone of them and try to always respond at your blog, too.