Monday, October 26, 2009

Priorities and Perseverance

Today, I am reflecting on some very important truths I want to apply to my life with a renewed effort. For our Making our Home Sing Monday, I thought I would share a little bit with you.


My husband and I had the privalege to go to Madrid for a special Teen Conference hosted by the Villa Rosa Bible Baptist Church. No, we don´t have teens yet, but we were invited anyway. They must think we look young enough. Well, I would like to think so anyway. Really, the true reason was that my hubby has never preached for the teens before and they wanted someone new. I knew he would do a great job in the Lord´s strength, but he was nervous. (of course who wouldn´t be speaking to a crowd of 100 teens!) I posted a picture from my phone of the whole group on the KJV blog, and a little more in detail about the conference.




I had the best job! I got to pass out the plates. (I did more, but this was a really fun one) I got to see some teens who I knew back when we first came to Spain. They were little girls then in our Sunday School classes and Kids camps. What a blessing to see them as young ladies who love the Lord.




We didn´t take our boys to the conference, because they aren´t teens yet. We missed them, of course, and I was able to reflect on somethings, as always when we are apart.

Priorities and perseverance  have been on my heart this weekend. It seems we always need to be renewing our commitments. I, as a young wife and mother have one resposibility. Really, only one. How do I manage to get so side-tracked.

I want to remember to be a Titus 2:4-5 woman.



"That they (the aged women) may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."
May we all, persever in our priority, our home.

9 comments:

  1. How awesome, Dani!! The Pastors at our church have been asking my husband to pray about teaching the Jr. Highers, but he's been praying about it. But, we'll see where the Lord leads him in that direction.

    And you look so cute in the picture! You blend right in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the photos in facebook! It look like they had a great turnout :) I remember when I was the teen going to those activities! :)

    Perseverance and priorities, great goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you look like a teen ;)

    What a great conference. Perseverance and priorities....been on my heart too. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is easy to get sidetracked, isn't it?

    I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend!

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so rewarding to work with teens. I know many people who find them intimidating, but then they get to know them and they love it! (I know people who find babies intimidating too, lol!)

    They are just awesome young people who are just looking to find their way in life, and they really appreciate a friendly mentor along the way.

    Thank you for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible journey the Lord has your family on! Teens are so wonderful..some of my best years as a mom were those when my kids were teens...they are so funny and awkward, looking for their wings. God bless you and hubby for answering the call to this mission field...its a very important one. These teens will be the vessels that carry on the work and the love of the Lord to the next generation.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. Hope you aren´t too tired from the weekend and that you both are feeling better :)
    I wanted to send you the 3 pictures I took at the meeting but can´t find an e.mail for you. If you will send me something to(loveday.spain@gmail.com)I´ll forward them. Thanking the Lord for your investment this weekend in the lives of the teens.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear encouraging comments that uplift Christ and boost our daily walk with Him! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read everyone of them and try to always respond at your blog, too.