Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bring Your Body Under Subjection

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." 1Corinthians 9:27
This isn´t the easiest verse in the Bible to apply. Really, if you start to apply it in one area, you have to apply it to all areas of your life. I do think though, that is what the apostle Paul is trying to convey to us, that we need to bring all areas of our lives under subjection. So does that mean our diet and physical health too?

Yikes! I guess, I am stepping on my own toes here. I am a perfectionest in character and sometimes if I can´t even get close to a goal, I give up without even trying. That´s what they call a failed perfectionest. However, I have found with diet and fitness that, if I have a bad day or I am too busy one day, it is just like any other discipline, we get right back at it the next day. It is a lifetime discipline. It is a journey. I like to call it my fitness journey for life.

Would you like to join me in getting our bodies under subjection? This may mean different things for different people. You obviously are not just like me and I am not just like you. You may not even have to lose any weight at all, but want to be fit and healthy. Whatever your goals maybe, just keep plugging away at them just like we do with our spiritual goals. I believe our spiritual goals are directly tied to our physical bodies as well. What goals are you working for with God´s strength? Don´t let past failure keep you from going forward.

I would love to invite you to Spring in-2 Shape with us!

Just e mail me your e mail address so that I can send you all the details and invite you to our private fitness blog.

I look forward to Springing into Shape with you!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing and I'm so excited that you're keeping up the fitness challenges! I just wish I could be more of an encourager...sorry that I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend! I posted once, but I got an error message. I would love to join. My email is aliciathesnowflake@gmail.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have brought my body under subjection on Friday when I was throwing up! Sorry...I have a strange sense of humour.
    You're so right, it IS a life long journey, and sometimes it's hard to stay on the track...but as you said, we just keep starting again.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an encouragement, Dani Joy!
    It is a continual working in me... Praise the Lord, in November I gave up sugar and white flour. It was making me terribly sick, but I think that was a good thing:) We made it through Christmas with xylitol and stevia here and there. I have lost 10lbs and am still working at it. My legs ache, so I have not been physically able to exercise:( I'm still not feeling well, but much better without the sugar and white flour. Please pray that the Lord will show me other things that can improve my health. The doctors aren't helping!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear encouraging comments that uplift Christ and boost our daily walk with Him! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read everyone of them and try to always respond at your blog, too.