Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Traveling- Fun or Folly

Well, normally, traveling for me , would rank up there with a great banana split or a soft chewy brownie, but this past week traveling from California to Florida was a not all fun and games. It wasn't totally folly, but it was long, trecherous and very necessary.

We spent two months with my husband's family, and visiting churches in California. We sang, showed our presentation about the mission work in Gijon,Spain, my husband preached, and we would stay in a hotel or travel back to my father in laws place. Our time with family was so cherished, but, we had one more stop to make before going back to Spain, my family's place in Florida!

We started out Sunday morning for our first leg of the trip up to the central part of California, then the next 6 days were spent in the car except for one. We sure learned a lot about our dear sweet loving family in those close quarters.

It was worth every back-aching minute though, the moment I was able to hug my mom and dad! After 11 years we are finally spending Christmas together. We pray to hang on to every single moment.

Traveling can be very fun or it can, for many a traveling missionaries, be a necessary unavoidable folly.

From my furlough dairy,

Dani Joy

Ps. Sorry I have not posted while on our whirlwind traveling.

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! I don't think I'd ever like driving across the country like that! I'm glad you made it safe and will be with your family this Christmas....Merry Christmas sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW! Enjoy all your time with family and what cherished memories to bring with you!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Mele Kalikimaka!
    ...jsut wanted to be sure to stop and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray you had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year! Many blessings to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear encouraging comments that uplift Christ and boost our daily walk with Him! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read everyone of them and try to always respond at your blog, too.