Friday, July 31, 2009

A Great Ride!

It´s flashback time! It´s still Friday for a couple of minutes anyway... sooo here´s my Friday Photo flashback from my college days. This was the end of our school year 1996. My husband-to- be had just graduated and we were "caravanning" to California to spend some time with his family. After all, we were going to be married.
Please notice, skinny bodies, loaded truck, relaxed attitudes, no kids, (oh yeah we were the kids), crutches, and oh yeah, my hubby just pointed out the walking cast on top of the truck. What a bunch we were!
"Carivanning" with us are our friends Krista and Javi, who would eventually get married as well, and Chris, a friend who agreed to this crazy journey to be our chaperone.
We made it cross country from Pensicola, Fl to LA, Califonia in 3 days. That was a great ride!

Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback" because she had so many pictures from her PRE-digital camera days. She thought it would be fun to scan them and share them with everyone. We are having so much fun doing this, and would love for you to join her, too! So dig out the photo albums and put your scanner to good use! Go on over and link up.

Friday Photo Flashback

12 comments:

  1. Oh yes..the carefree life before kids!!!

    How fun to do that w/ your friends! That's something I never did!

    Oh..and you look the same!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...you look the same!! What a fun trip that must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you guys!!! WOW!!

    SO young...SO in love....SO carefree.....

    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I know people from that photo!!! and not just you and Joseph. it must to be around the same time I knew him because he looks the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made that trip in three days?! Wow. That had to have been a trip to remember. You guys must have been squished in that car. I cringe just thinking about making a trip like that!

    Guess where my hubby and I had ice cream the other day? Orabaker's (I don't think I spelled that right, but you know what I mean, right?). We shared a HUGE brownie sunday. I felt like a piggy just eating half of it! I thought of you while I was sitting there enjoying my treat, wondering if you wore those teeny tiny red shorts that all waitresses were wearing. I somehow doubted it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness no. but I did wear long umbro red shorts pulled down as far as I could. jejeje But I didn´t have all the same convictions then either that I have now. I did try to be modest in the best way I knew how.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That was a quick trip. You look so young and carefree. I looked that way before kids. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOW THIS IS A GREAT PICTURE!!! College days---what memories!

    I am trying to get all caught up on my blog reading and my posting. I need to back track on your posts and read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun trip you must have had. I love that you had a chaperone. I would have done the same thing!

    BTW, facebook doesn't listen to me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all look so young and carefree! And what a fun ride!

    I've been thinking about you all and sending up prayers for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE seeing your flashbacks, except.... do you age!!!!??? No fair. You are so cute and young looking. Oh I am keeping my blog so keep visiting. I am so fickle. Bless you Dani Joyl
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear encouraging comments that uplift Christ and boost our daily walk with Him! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read everyone of them and try to always respond at your blog, too.