Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Chestnuts roasting on an Open fire."

Guess everyone is getting into the mood of Christmas. I really haven´t even been able to plan for Thanksgiving, and my little nieces birthday yet, but a song that has been going through my head is "The Christmas Song"with " Chestnuts roasting on an open fire." Maybe I will be ready to get up our decorations sooner this year. :)

Check out this Christmas giveaway. I really like the poems put to music.

http://www.lyricdevotions.com/2008/11/christmas-giveaway.html

4 comments:

  1. Last week in the schools here, they celebrated some old saint. Saint of a Chestnut and we had to send chestnuts with the kids and they had this big roast and ate them.

    I, personally, think they're nasty. But I tried to not let teachers know that. They already think we're weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think we have a similar holiday here in Spain. Pilar had to do something like that last year with her girls. I think the taste is aquired. But I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I both grew up in Alabama. Although my kids names could be seen as Patriotic, which we are, they were really bible words that we used as names. Except for our oldest, Brooklyn. Which of course is named after a suburb in NYC. Many have assumed that we named them because my husband graduated from the United States Military Academy. But, we just used bible words.---Faith, Liberty, trinity and Justice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting about my giveaway! Sorry I didn't get by sooner....life is so busy!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear encouraging comments that uplift Christ and boost our daily walk with Him! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read everyone of them and try to always respond at your blog, too.