Saturday, November 15, 2008

Referee, Nurse or Mommy???

While the men are away the children will play. ???
I don´t think that´s how the saying goes exactly. But... That´s how it was today in my home. It is so hard to be "the heavy" especially when we are trying to have fun.


My boys and I had a good day over all. As there was a Men´s 24 hr. prayer conference in Madrid, My husband went the 5-6 hr trip down, leaving me to rough house, referee, bandage, and serve penalties. I know this may be a norm for some households but, we work as a team. When he is not here it´s as if the boys gang up on me. I know, I know it´s not as bad as it sounds and we did have some really special moments. I pray they remember them.


They went to bed at a late late hour, their usual friday night extention, and I sat down to sigh, and listen to the quiet. It is in this moment that their little faces come before my eyes. Sometimes with smiles, but mostly what is pictured in my mind´s eye are the times I have had to discipline them, their up turned faces with saddness at having disappointed me. The hard but true reality that life is not all fun and games.


My prayer, "Lord, am I doing it right? You said in your word to instruct, guide and discipline our children. It seems so hard sometimes. I know you understand because I fail you as your child. - It hurts. Please, Lord , give me wisdom as a Mom to know how to coninually be consistant and loving to my boys, and help my boys to accept correction and learn from it. Help them to also remember those times as good times. In Jesus name, Amen."


Verses I quoted or refered to today to my boys and to myself,
Proverbs 14:1 - A wise woman builds her home up.
Proverbs 8:33- Our children need to hear and accept instruction.
Proverbs 6:20- Our children need to heed to that instruction.
Proverbs 29:15 - A child left to himself bringeth his mother shame.
Proverbs 22:15 - Lovingly drive the sinful foolishness out of their hearts.
(not the childish quirks)
Proverbs 13:24 - True love sets limits and sticks to them.
last but not least...
Exodus 20:12 - the importance of respectful loving obediance... not dictatorship.
(this is a must)


2 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle!
    I wanted to write you back and never sat down and actually did. So are you fluent in spanish now that you live in a country where english is secondary?
    I live in Georgia now- so much different from NY, as we don't get the same seasons here. I married my sweetheart from college, and we just passed our three year mark in May. Time flies so much faster the older we get! We both work at a private Christian school, we are both artists and designers and we also work with our youth group at church. Life is very full and busy and we both have hearts for our Lord to serve Him and follow where He leads. God is so good!
    I miss my family as they reside in NY (except Katie) but it's always nice to catch up over the trips we are able to make back home.
    Jonah's family is here in GA which is so nice.
    That is about it I think, I know it's been years since we have seen each other, but I'm so glad I caught up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Carrie! thanks so much for writing. I will post a comment on your blog as well. I am so happy to hear how you and Jonah are doing. Of course, I had heard some from my Mom who is still in close contact with your mom. :) Did you get to see Katie when she was home? I can´t believe she has 6 boys!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear encouraging comments that uplift Christ and boost our daily walk with Him! Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read everyone of them and try to always respond at your blog, too.